I know what it’s like to get started. As a blogger myself, I was in beginner’s shoes once. Starting as a new mom who hired a website designer, I quickly discovered that I wanted to make it easy, convenient, and simple for anyone to start their own boss babe empire or develop their passion.
This theme comes with a total of 6 different colors for the watercolor dots: blue, black, gray, pink, purple, and green. In this tutorial I’ll show you how to change the watercolor dots and the other colors through out the design.
Included with your purchase is a zip file called “images-kate-marcado.zip”. Please unzip this file so that you have access to the images inside.
– Lets Start
How to Change the Watercolor Dots
1. To get started please log into your WordPress Dashboard then click on “Appearance” then “Customize”.
2. Next click on “Watercolor Dots Background Image”.
3. Click on “Change Image” then upload the watercolor dots color you would like to use.
4. Click “Save & Publish” at the top when done.
How to Change the Other Colors Throughout the Design
1. Next click on “Colors” and this is where you can change all the colors throughout the design.
2. To change the colors just click on any of the buttons that say “Select Color”. But, for this tutorial I’m going to show you the colors I changed to create the purple Kate Marcado preview image above. Here is a list of the color codes that I recommend to match the watercolor dots.
Black – #000000
Pink – #e5b9b1
Gray – #9b9693
Blue – #0082b1
Purple – #a1729e
Green – #6da61e
3. Click on “Select Color” for Site Description Color then place the purple color code #a1729e (or any of the color codes above) in the color code box. You should see the changes immediately in the preview to your right.
Click on the image to see a larger picture.
4. Follow step three again but this time change:
Heading Font Color
and Button Color
5. Click “Save & Publish” at the top.
Last Step – Change the Social Media Icon Color
1. If you want to change the color of your social media icons click on “Appearance” then “Widgets”. The icon colors have to be changed directly from the widget.
2. Go to the widget area that contains your Simple Social Icons. This could be on your Primary Sidebar, Top Bar Right, or Footer 3 widget areas.
3. Click on the Simple Social Icon widget to open up your settings. Click on “Select Color” for Background Color.
4. Add the purple color code in the color code box provided.
share & save: