Here is a helpful WordPress resource page that I put together of all my favorite and most used products/services. I use these services on a regular basis and thought they may be of value to you. This is a good page to bookmark as I will be updating it often with more tools I find that are helpful.
* Some of these links below are affiliate links meaning Studio Mommy may earn commission if you purchase through those links. All the products and services mentioned are recommended based off of our experience with them and not because of the commission Studio Mommy may earn.
- *WP Engine – Studio Mommy customers save 10% on your first month payment. Or choose an annual plan and get 3 months free. Use coupon code wpe3free for this offer. Also migrate your existing WordPress site to their platform in minutes with WP Engine’s free Auto Migration plugin.
- *BlueHost – This is the hosting service I use here at StudioMommy.com. I love that their customer service is available 24/7 so if I’m working late at night I can still get help if needed. Want to setup your own WordPress blog or website? Follow my easy step by step tutorial.
- *Haute Stock – I use these images on our demo sites as well as our blog posts.
- *SC Stockshop – Another place to find beautiful photos!
- Social Squares – These images are made specifically for your social media pages, in perfect squares. But, you can use them on your site as well.
- *Constant Contact – I find Constant Contact way easier to use than most subscription services out there. It’s compatible with WordPress and WooCommerce. Plus they offer a 30 day guarantee.
- *MailChimp – MailChimp is free if you are just getting started and have under 2,000 subscribers.
- *MailOptin – I use this free popup optin form on my site. It was really simple to install and setup. They also offer an upgrade option if you want to make it a little fancier with display effects, abandoning visitors popup, advanced analytics, a/b testing and more.
- *Tailwind – I’ve been using this service for a while now and love it! Seriously love it! I can setup automatic postings to my Pinterest and Instagram pages. I spend one day (a few hours) and setup all of my posts for a whole month. It will also give you suggested times that are best to send your posts. This way you get the most visit, that you possible can, to your posts.
- *Instagram Feed – My #1 Instagram plugin to use. You can see an example of it at the very bottom of my Beyond Madison theme. It uses a simple short code so you can place the Instagram Feed anywhere on your site.
- Simple Social Icons – This widget is super easy to use and customize. I use this on all of my themes as well.
Legal Documents – are you protected?
- *Businessese – Get contracts, privacy policies and other templates for your blog or business.
- Canva – crop, rotate, and resize your photos with this site.
- *PicMonkey – everything Canva can do plus much more. Add dazzling filters, special effects and fonts to your photos!
- *Gravity Forms – I use Gravity Forms for my contact page. I can customize the form any way I want. You can visit my Contact Page to see an example of a Gravity Form.
- *Ninja Forms – this is a free form builder. I use this one on all of my demo sites. See an example here.
- *WP101 – New to WordPress? Learn WordPress faster with WP101 simple video tutorials. Watch this video called “What is WordPress“.
- W3Schools – This is a must have bookmark of mine for coding. I reference this page a lot. I can’t always remember every single code and I swear I always learn something new each time I visit this site.
Take a look at our Best Font Pairing Combos!
- *Creative Market – my number one go to site to find the perfect custom font to use on my site and for logos.
- Google Fonts – fonts I use on my wordpress themes come from Google Fonts.
- WordMark – see all the fonts on your computer at once.
- CSS Font Stack – get the css code for all the basic fonts
- Studio Mommy Affiliate Program
- *ShareaSale – Out of all affiliate programs, this is the one I use the most and make the most money from (your results may vary). You can find companies such as StudioPress, PicMonkey, and WP Engine that use ShareASale.
Framework for WordPress
- *Genesis Framework – Genesis provides comprehensive SEO settings, rock-solid security, cool custom widgets, & a huge selection of designs that make your site look the way you want it to. Click here to see why Genesis is the Smart Choice for your WordPress Blog.
- *Responsive Soliloquy Slider– This is my favorite photo slider plugin to use. I use it on all my themes including the Her Exclusive theme.
- *SeedProd’s Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode – If you would like to display a “Coming Soon” or “Under Maintenance” page so that your visitors can’t see the changes you are making to your site – I highly recommend SeedProd’s Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode. I use this when I’m making changes to my own site or when I’m creating a new demo site.
- Image Widget – I use this widget in all my themes for the circle or squares Welcome Picture and Message that you see on the sidebars.
- Akismet – When I first started using WordPress I was receiving over 100 spam comments a day. It drove me absolutely crazy so I gave Akismet a try and now no more spam comments flooding my email.
- LinkWithin– This shows the related stories under each posts on my blog – where it says ‘You May Also Like:’.
- WP Super Cache – WP Super Cache is a caching plugin for WordPress. It generates html files without processing heavy PHP scripts. This plugin will speed up your WordPress blog significantly.
- W3 Total Cache – This plugin improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing download times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration.
- Optimize Images – Resize, optimize, and compress all of your images with this 100% free WordPress image smusher.
eCommerce Shopping Carts
- *WooCommerce – this is the shopping cart we are using on this site and love it. You can use WooCommerce to sell physical or digital products.
- Easy Digital Downloads – If you are only selling digital products then this is a quick and easy shopping cart service to use.
- *Moo – I love, LOVE using Moo.com for my business cards. They are a bit pricey but the quality is amazing. Plus they offer several different kinds of business cards that no other company I found offers. A great way to make your business standout.
- *Overnight Prints – I was pleasantly surprised when I won a set of free business cards from Overnight Prints. It was a great way to try them out and let me tell you I was very happy with how they turned out.