Here is a helpful resource page that I put together of all my favorite and most used products/services. I use these services on a regular basis and thought they may be of value to you. This is a good page to bookmark as I will be updating it often with more products/services I find that are helpful.
- Mommy Host – All web hosting plans are bundled with a FREE domain name. Get a 10% lifetime discount on 1 and 2 year plans by using the coupon code studiomommy10 at checkout.
- BlueHost – This is the hosting service I use here at StudioMommy.com. I love that their customer service is available 24/7 so if I’m working late at night I can still get help if needed. Want to setup your own WordPress blog or website? Follow my easy step by step tutorial.
- MailChimp – I use this for Studio Mommy’s email subscription service. It’s free if you have under 2,000 subscribers. There is a small monthly fee for those who have over 2,000 subscribers.
- Optin Cat – This is the popup subscribe box that I use on my own site. I tried many popups but this one was the easiest to use and worked perfectly with Mailchimp.
- Gravity Forms– I use Gravity Forms for my contact page. I can customize the form any way I want. You can visit my Contact Page to see an example of a Gravity Form.
- Ninja Forms – this is a free form builder. I use this one on all of my demo sites. See an example here.
- WP Apprentice – New to WordPress? Learn how to use WordPress with their easy to follow tutorials.
- WP101 – Another website to help those who are new to WordPress.
- W3Schools – This is a must have bookmark of mine for coding. I reference this page a lot. I can’t always remember every single code and I swear I always learn something new each time I visit this site.
- Creative Market – my number one go to site to find the perfect font to use on my site.
- MyFonts – my second go to place to find awesome fonts.
- Google Fonts – 90% off the fonts I use on my premade themes come from Google Fonts.
- WordMark – see all the fonts on your computer at once.
- CSS Font Stack – get the css code for all the basic fonts
- ShareaSale – Out of all affiliate programs, this is the one I use the most and make the most money from (your results may vary).
- Commission Junction – They offer a lot of major affiliates like Adobe and Best Buy but the only downside to this company is if you don’t make any commission within so many months your account will be suspended.
- E-Junkie – Easy to use but took some time to get use to. The majority of my recommended e-books are through E-Junkie.
- StudioPress – We use these themes a lot for our WordPress.org blogs. To use one of StudioPress’s Themes you must have Genesis installed on your blog as well. Genesis provides comprehensive SEO settings, rock-solid security, cool custom widgets, & a huge selection of designs that make your site look the way you want it to. Click here to see why Genesis is the Smart Choice for your WordPress Blog.
- Instagram Feed – I use this plugin in all of my themes. You can see an example of it at the very bottom of my Beyond Madison theme. It uses a simple short code so you can place the Instagram Feed anywhere on your site.
- Responsive Soliloquy Slider– I recently used this on a new theme called Exquisite. This slider was a lot easier to use then most I’ve tried in the past.
- SeedProd’s Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode – If you would like to display a “Coming Soon” or “Under Maintenance” page so that your visitors can’t see the changes you are making to your site – I highly recommend SeedProd’s Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode. I use this when I’m making changes to my own site or when I’m creating a new demo site.
- Simple Social Icons – This widget is super easy to use and customize. I use this on all of my themes as well.
- Image Widget – I use this widget in all my themes for the circle or squares Welcome Picture and Message that you see on the sidebars.
- Genesis eNews Extended – This is the subscribe box I use in all of my themes including my own here at Studio Mommy. Works with Feedburner, MailChimp, Aweber, FeedBlitz, and more.
- Akismet – When I first started using WordPress I was receiving over 100 spam comments a day. It drove me absolutely crazy so I gave Akismet a try and now no more spam comments flooding my email.
- LinkWithin – This shows the related stories under each posts on my blog – where it says ‘You May Also Like:’.
- WooCommerce – this is the shopping cart I am using on my site now and love it. You can use WooCommerce to sell physical or digital products.
- Easy Digital Downloads – If you are only selling digital products then this is a quick and easy shopping cart service to use.
- Moo – I love, LOVE using Moo.com for my business cards. They are a bit pricey but the quality is amazing. Plus they offer several different kinds of business cards that no other company I found offers. A great way to make your business standout.
- Overnight Prints – I was pleasantly surprised when I won a set of free business cards from Overnight Prints. It was a great way to try them out and let me tell you I was very happy with how they turned out.
Online Clothes Shopping
Okay, so this is not design related at all but I though it would be fun to show you lovely ladies a few online places I love to get my clothes from.
- Stitch Fix – I absolutely love this site! I work with a personal shopper and she sends me 5 new pieces of clothing every month. It’s always a surprises what I will get in the mail. It’s so much fun. Visit Stitch Fix for more information.
- Adore Me – Being a Mommy of 3, I don’t always have the time to go shopping by myself. Adore Me is perfect because they send me a new bra, or lingerie, or sleepwear (my choice) every month.
Disclosure: Some of these links above are affiliate links meaning I earn commission if you purchase through those links. All the products and services above I recommend based off of my experience with them and these are companies I trust (not because of the commission I may earn). You can read my full disclosure here.